Welcome to Absa Bank Botswana Limited
Absa Bank Botswana Limited is part of Absa Group Limited, an African financial services group that aims to be the pride of the continent. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE in South Africa and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 42,000 employees.
In Botswana, we are the leading bank with 1,100 employees, 32 branches and 114 ATMs. So, we are there for you wherever you are in the country.
We’re committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges and everything we do is focused on adding value. To this end, we offer our clients a range of retail, business, corporate and investment, and wealth management solutions. We also ensure a positive impact in all the countries in which we operate.
We’re a truly African brand, inspired by the people we serve and determined to always be Brave, Passionate and Ready so that we can make our continent proud.
To bring your possibility to life
We believe in possibility, in the actions of people who always find a way to get things done. We believe in creating opportunities for all our stakeholders, and to make their possibilities real and supporting them every step of the way. Our group is a future-focused organisation, driven by progress and a desire to thrive in the digital age.
We are committed to being: Brave, Passionate and Ready.
We aim to play a shaping role in society and be an active force for good by:
Earning trust: By acting with fairness and providing just outcomes for all stakeholders and becoming known for reliability by delivering consistently on our promises.
Shaping societies: By contributing significantly to the communities in which we operate, thereby enhancing the continent’s economic growth and development.
Promoting inter-generational sustainability: By being accountable for our impact on the environment and building viable communities by evolving as their needs change.
Driving thought leadership: By providing insights that help the industry to develop new and innovative ways to solve society’s challenges.
You want to know that your money is safe with us? It is and this is how we make sure it stays that way:
- We are listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange. This means that our accounts are available to the public and we have to satisfy investors and regulators that we are a sound business.
- Absa follows governance guidelines that meet the Botswana Stock Exchange listing requirements.
- We continually train and retrain all our people in these guidelines.
- We believe in and practise integrity in our business dealings. We also have a conduct risk manual that guides the way we do business.
- We have independent non-executive directors who are chosen for their business ability and fearless integrity. They help ensure that Absa stays true to its values.
- We are supervised by the Bank of Botswana, which regulates all banks in the country and keeps a close eye on their activities.
We are publicly listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange, which means that citizens of Botswana now have a stake in our Business.
We opened our doors in Botswana in 1950 with our first branch in Lobatse. We expanded our network until 1975 when we became an incorporated company in Botswana.