Absa Bank Botswana Limited pledges to address all complaints impartially and ensure satisfactory closure. While we are keen to manage and resolve complaints, we allow you the opportunity to give us feedback and make suggestions on areas to improve. Voice your concerns so we can make it right.
- Stop by the Customer Service desk at your nearest branch.
- Complete a complaint/compliment feedback form and drop in the box provided.
- Dial direct to the Customer Care team on +267 391 2129 or 0800 333 333 (toll free) between 08:00 and 16:15 week days and 08:00 and 12:00 on Saturdays.
- Fax to +267 395 9780.
- Email to email@example.com
- Write a letter to Customer Care, Customer Contact Centre, Absa Bank Botswana, PO Box 478, Gaborone, Botswana.
- Inbox Absa Bank Botswana Facebook page.
For complaints management, ensure that you
- Register your complaint through any of the channels listed above
- Get a reference number for your complaint
- All complaints not resolved at first point of contact are acknowledged with a reference number within 24 hours of receipt.
- Complaints resolution turn-around time is three working days.
- If your complaint is not resolved within three working days at the branch, and will take longer than five working days, we will issue a holding response letter detailing the status of the complaint and way forward.
- If you are not happy with the way your complaint is handled, contact the Branch Manager.
- Where the branch service representative is unable to resolve your complaint, it will be escalated to the Branch Manager or Regional Manager.
- Here, your complaint must be resolved within 10 days.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved at this stage, we will issue a holding response letter detailing the status of your complaint and way forward.
- Your complaint will be escalated to Level 3 if it has not been resolved at this stage.
- If you are not happy with the way your complaint was resolved, appeal to Customer Service- Head Office.
- Handles escalated complaints that were not resolved at Level 2.
- Customer Service- Head Office will conduct an independent review of your escalated complaint.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved at this stage, we will issue a final response letter explaining our position and permitting you to refer to the Banking Adjudicator if you are not happy with our position.
If, after exhausting the bank’s internal processes, you are still unhappy with the resolution, you may contact:
Botswana Banking Ombudsman
Tel: +267 393 5409
Fax: +267 393 5406
Postal address: Private Bag 00404, Gaborone
Physical address: Bankers Association of Botswana, First National Bank House, 3rd Floor, Plot 8843, Khama Crescent, Gabarone, Botswana
Should you seek further redress, after engaging the Botswana Banking Ombudsman, you may contact Bank of Botswana at the below contacts:
Bank of Botswana
Tel: +267 360 6000
Fax: +267 390 1100
Postal address: Private Bag 154, Gaborone,Botswana
Physical address: Plot 17938, Khama Crescent, Gaborone,Botswana
After exhausting the above levels of escalation, you may further seek assistance from the Courts of Law.