Managing collections and payments affects your cash flow and your ability to grow. That’s why we have simplified this process by putting the speed of our entire network to work for you.
It’s affordable, streamlined and effective – just the way you like your business to run.
Bank online 24/7
With our online banking service, you can access your corporate accounts when you need to.
It’s a quick, convenient and secure online solution that provides access at any time, wherever you are in the world.
- Integrated functionality - Through simple and easy access to a core operating platform designed for corporate and business banking clients, you can access a range of products and services through one interface.
- Integrated security - Multiple security features are integrated to provide maximum security.
- Integrated expertise - The most advanced technology available, coupled with the best minds in the industry and in-depth research on client requirements.
- Integrated view - You can view all your accounts across Africa through one web application.
- Integrated service – We are committed to providing you with the best customer service and support for all your electronic banking requirements
- Internet based and thus eliminates the need for software distribution
- Provides online access to up-to-date statement information on Absa accounts held within all countries within the Absa Group.
- Provides Statement and transaction search facility
- Provides online access to: group balance reports, individual account balance reports and end-of-day balance
- Exports all statement information to a treasury workstation for reconciliation purposes
- Enables real-time transfer of funds between Absa accounts
- Payment to non-Absa beneficiaries authorised prior to the specified time will be in the beneficiaries’ accounts on the following business day and for value, the same day
- Payments effected through our internet banking are bank-guaranteed payments, that are received as “cleared funds”
- Enables electronic payment to ad hoc/nominated beneficiaries
- Supports different types of payments - local, inter-account transfer, urgent, local recurring and SWIFT (cross border)
- Supports mandate-driven collection from counterparty
- Executes payments from anywhere around the world
- Updates beneficiary profiles in real time
Perfect payment solutions
|Online||Is the Absa online banking facility|
|Business day||Is a day in Botswana on which banks are generally open for business, excluding weekends and local public holidays.|
|CAT||Is Central Africa Time, which is a time zone used in central and southern Africa that is two hours ahead of UTC/GMT.|
|Cut-off time||Is a time by which Absa must receive a payment instruction or a payment into an account if it is to be processed that day.|
|D, D-x, D+x
||D means the day on which Absa receives a funds transfer or a payment instruction, or if this is after a cut-off time or on a non-business day, the next business day. D–x means x business days before D. D+x means x business days after D.|
|RTGS||Real-time gross settlement system, a payments system in which processing and settlement takes place in real time (continuously), i.e. as each transaction is cleared its value is also settled between the two banks.|
Optimise your cash flow
We understand the importance of efficient cash management.
By consolidating your cash, you’ll know just how much cash you have and can decide whether to use it for internal funding, reducing borrowing costs or investing surpluses. We’re also able to consolidate balances held at other banks via MT101 sweeping, as well as provide visibility of balances held at other banks through MT940 reporting.
Define your own automated cash sweeping between multiple bank accounts, with reduced administration time and cost.
Your relationship team will work with you to make sure you are getting the best return on your funds. They can help you use our range of investment products, from call accounts, tiered call accounts to fixed deposits, and structured deposits offered through our markets team.
If interest is payable on an account, the time from which interest becomes payable
on funds credited to an account depends on how the funds were received.
|Type of payment to an account||Interest payable|
|Cash and electronic payments in BWP||Accrued daily and paid monthly|
|Cash and electronic payments in other currencies||Accrued daily and paid monthly|
|BWP cheques drawn on an Absa Bank Botswana account and paid in at a Botswana branch of Absa||Accrual from day of cleared value (D+2)|
|Cheques in other currencies or drawn on a non-Absa Bank Botswana account||Accrual from day of cleared value (D+3)|
Benefits from our collections solutions
We offer collections via:
- Direct debit – files initiated through online banking or through Host to Host
- Cash collections – at the branches through a CIT company, with the provision of overnight safe deposit services where required
- Card Acquiring – our point-of-sale machines collect from Visa, MasterCard, Union Pay, AMEX
- e-Commerce – customised virtual collection solution tailored to your needs
|Incoming transactions (customer account credited)|
|Service type||Cut-off times (CAT)||Application|
|Cash and cheque transactions|
|Cash/Cheque bulk collections||15:30||Cash: account credited and funds available on day of collection.
Cheques are subject to local clearing times.
|Cash paid in at bank||15:00||Account credited same day. Funds available immediately.|
|Doorstep banking/On-site teller||15:00||Cash: account credited and funds available same day (D)
Cheques are subject to local clearing times
|Cheque deposit – local currency||15:30||Cheques drawn on Absa Bank Botswana are credited to the account and cleared on D+2
Cheques drawn on other local banks are credited to the account and cleared on D+3
Funds are available on day of clearing
|Cheque deposit – foreign currency||15:30||Cheques drawn on overseas banks are credited to the account and cleared D+6 weeks on all major currencies
Funds are available on the day of clearing
|Cheque deposit – foreign cheque collection||Branch hours||Account credited and funds available on the day
the funds are received from the drawer’s bank
|Domestic and international transactions|
|Domestic electronic funds transfer||14:00||Account credited on the day of receipt and funds available immediately|
|International inward receipt||15:00||Account credited and funds available on day of receipt|
|Domestic direct debits||13:00 (BI)/15:00 (Branch)||Account credited and funds available on the collection due date|
|SWIFT MT101 inbound||15:00||Account credited and funds available on day of receipt|
The right card for your business
Use a debit card for your business – it is cost effective and convenient.
- More cost effective than changing cash or buying and changing travellers’ cheque
- Instant access to your money through ATMs and point-of-sale payments
- Cards can be given up to 5 people in your business
- Accepted in more than 28 million outlets worldwide
- The easiest way to book and pay in advance for business trips and supplies
- Worldwide acceptance wherever the Visa logo is displayed
These features give added security to your chip-and-PIN Business Debit Card, which provides you with peace of mind when making purchases:
- Enhanced security - Embedded chip helps protect and secure your personal information
- Your PIN - Your secret PIN helps to validate purchases
- Use your unique card number when making online or telephonic payments
To be extra safe when using your chip-and-PIN debit card
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you receive it
- Never write your PIN on the actual card or any item that could be lost or stolen
- Never allow anyone to use your card and PIN
- Check your statements and transactions regularly to identify any fraudulent activity
- You can stop your card immediately by calling Absa Bank Botswana on + 267 3159 524
- Your card will be cancelled and a new chip-and-PIN debit card will be issued to you at your nearest branch
- Cut down on the administration involved in reconciling cash and personal card expenses
- Budget friendly- Keep track of all your business expenditure in your statement